Welcome to the website of De Zorgpraktijk
Our name ‘De Zorgpraktijk’ means literally translated ‘The Care Practice’. And this you may take literally: with us, you are in good hands. In addition to general physiotherapy we offer physiotherapeutic care to patients who need special attention.
De Zorgpraktijk Wassenaar is located near the centre of the village. There is ample parking space, including a reserved disabled parking bay. Our location is wheelchair friendly.
Telephone: (070) 511 6374
On our site you will find most information in Dutch. If you have some command of our language you might get to know our team of therapists. Also you can read about our specializations, manner of treatment and the quality we strive for. Furthermore, you may find some practical information.
More on the door
The premises of De Zorgpraktijk Wassenaar have developed over the years into a multidisciplinary location for primary health care.
Currently we accommodate a podotherapist, a psychologist, an occupational therapist, an obstetrician, and an expert in sleeping disorders and biorhythm. An informal care consultant is also present. All have their own independent offices, but co-location facilitates consultation and referral if necessary and desired.
For information about where to find us, and how to reach colleagues who have their practice at our location in the Van Hallstraat, please see locatie.
Good to know
Some practical points
- At the start of the first treatment you are requested to bring an ID with you and if applicable a doctor’s referral letter.
- You are also asked to bring your own towel to be used on the treatment couch and training devices.
- In the exercise room only clean shoes are allowed (no street shoes), with soles that do not give off.
- De Zorgpraktijk is not responsible for theft of your belongings.
- Your bike or car should be parked in such way that they form no obstacle on the sidewalk or the road.
- In case of calamities you have to follow up the instructions of staff members or the emergency services.
Possible personal preferences
- The procedure and contents of your treatment will be explained preceding the first session. In case there are any objections of a religious or other nature against a specific form of treatment you should make this known from the outset so that our staff can judge whether treatment is possible.
- If you find any difficulty in being treated by a therapist of another sex you should say so prior to the start of your treatment.
- In general treatment takes place in a separate room in which only you and the physiotherapist are present. If the exercise room is used it may happen that it will be used by more patients at the same time.
- If any third persons (e.g. interns) are attending your personal treatment we will beforehand ask your consent.
Training therapy during end after cancer treatment
Cancer is a radical disease in every respect. Uncertainty, anxiety, fatigue and loss of condition are symptoms that many who have been treated for cancer encounter. To resume everyday life often takes a lot of effort.
After medical treatment rehabilitation can help to regain function, improve condition and decrease fatique.
Training at De Zorgpraktijk
De Zorgpraktijk Wassenaar provides training therapy on an individual basis which guarantees personal physical therapeutic coaching. Training can be planned parallel with training of fellow patients which enables mutual contact.
An extensive intake precedes the trainingsessions on the basis of which a completely personalized training schedule is drawn up.
De Zorgpraktijk cooperates with other health care providers within the oncology network to optimize, if necessary, consultation and referral.
At the personal intake which precedes the training it will be assessed whether safe participation is possible.
Referral and reimbursement
A referral from a general practitioner or specialist is necessary.
Reimbursement by health insurance depends on the prior medical treatment and the terms of your insurance policy.